How Can the Work Ready Initiative Strengthen Our Community?
ACT Certified Work Ready Communities (CWRC) empowers counties and states with actionable data and specific workforce goals that drive economic growth. Participating states are leveraging the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC™) to measure and close the skills gap — and educating individuals and businesses on the value of an NCRC and community certification.
By participating in ACT’s Certified Work Ready Communities initiative, states are helping:
- Business and industry know exactly what skills they need for a productive workforce – and to easily communicate their needs
- Individuals understand what skills are required by employers – and how to prepare themselves for success
- Policy makers consistently measure the skills gap in a timely manner at the national, state and local levels
- Educators close the skills gap, via tools integrated into career pathways with stackable industry-recognized credentials
- Economic developers use an on-demand reporting tool to market the quality of their workforce